Weekly review of important news in the financial industry, valuable articles about online marketing and compliance updates:
Financial News & Market Commentary
- Betting Against Fads in the Fund Industry Imitation, the saying goes, is the sincerest form of flattery. In the financial services industry, it’s often flattery that investors could do well without: A crush of similar products in a niche market is often a sign to run in the opposite direction.
- Hedge Funds Cut Bullish Wagers by the Most in Four Months Hedge funds cut their bets on higher commodity prices by the most in four months on mounting concern that Europe’s debt crisis will derail global growth and curb demand for raw materials. read more
- This May Be as Good as It Gets for Stocks in 2012 Apple’s extraordinary earnings growth is unique. Other corporate profits seem fully discounted. Unique may be the most over-used and misused word in the English language. Something that is unique is just that — the only one. Unique cannot be used with a modifier. read more
- Exxon Mobil hikes dividend by 21% Exxon Mobil Corp. on Wednesday declared a second-quarter cash dividend of 57 cents a share, up 10 cents, or 21%, from 47 cents a share, in the first quarter. read more
Marketing News & Selling Tips
- Mobile Spending on the Rise: There are 32 Billion Apps for That How much do you spend on mobile in a year? Figure in the cost of data plans, apps and app upgrades, downloaded music and videos, maybe you even coughed up a buck for a ring tone? read more
- How to Set the Right Lead Gen Goals for Your Marketing Team As inbound marketers, we all know the value and importance of measuring, tracking, and reporting on key metrics and goals. Let’s take the data you collect around your lead generation efforts, for instance. read more
- Is Your Sales & Marketing Team Ready for a CRM? As a marketer, you’re likely familiar with a CRM system; if not, no worries, you’re about to learn all about it! The frustrating thing about many CRMs is that they come with a range of functionality — from basic to robust — and all too often, businesses find themselves equipped with more than they need (or frankly, can handle). read more
- Leveraging Customer Service for Public Relations The consumer voice is the new form of public relations. This next session will be a Q&A session with some the brightest minds in PR. read more
Social Media & SEO
- How Google Search Works, In a Nutshell Unless you’re an SEO expert, it’s no surprise if you’re mystified by the inner-workings of Google search. How on Earth does Google decide how to rank the pages on your website? read more
- The Missing Metric in Google Analytics v5 Google’s recent update to Google Analytics v5 has been awesome. We have new reports for SEO, social media, and multi-channel funnels. There’s also all sorts of nifty little tricks and bags of goodies that were never available in the old Google Analytics. But there’s still one essential metric missing. read more
At this point We would like to remind you about our exclusive Webinar that AdvisorWebsites.com will be co-hosting with Duncan MacPherson from Pareto Systems:
The Webinar is about How an on-line strategy can help you build your business in 2012 and beyond.
Integrating web, social media and internet into your practice.
With special guest Duncan MacPherson from Pareto Systems bringing in some additional commentary, asking tough questions and providing insights. Join us for a 45 minute interactive session.
This session will be hosted on May 3, Thursday at 1 pm PST (that’s 4pm Eastern)
RSVP Here: Advisor of the Future Registration
You can email Marketing at: email@example.com
Please Note: this article is for informational purposes only. We strongly encourage you to verify any content and information you use with your own compliance department or legal counsel.