Several times a month, we list a few accounts we think are worth following on Twitter. These influential users will range in focus from leading financial magazines and top advisors, to social media gurus.
All were chosen for their smart informative posts that bring you the latest news on the financial world, as well as how you can better promote and market yourself as a financial services professional.
This Week’s List:
- @fpassociation – Latest news & industry updates for the financial planning community.
- @FAHeadlines – Headlines affecting the Financial Advisory Industry.
- @WSJBusiness – Business news coverage from the Wall Street Journal.
- @smamagazine – Senior Market Advisor magazine is the voice of independent advisors who help to provide trustworthy financial, retirement and insurance planning to seniors.
- @finfocus – Financial Life Planner, author of The Business of Life, adjunct professor NYU, blogger for psychologytoday.com & Forbes.com, Speaker, Learner.
- @401k_Fiduciary – Co-Founder of BeManaged, a leading conflict-free, institutional 401k advice/managed account solution. 401k, fiduciary best practices, tech, Chiefs & KU bball.
- @CPA_Trendlines – Live links to breaking news for tax, accounting and finance professionals.
- @rwohlner – Fee-Only Financial Planner for individuals. 401(k) advisor. Advisor to foundations and endowments. Based in Chicago’s NW Suburbs.
Weekly review of important news in the financial industry, valuable articles about online marketing and compliance updates:
Financial News and Market Commentary
- Goldman Sachs Took Biggest Loan From Undisclosed Fed Program – Goldman Sachs & Co., a unit of the most profitable bank in Wall Street history, took $15 billion from the U.S. Federal Reserve on Dec. 9, 2008, the biggest single loan from a lending program whose details have been secret until today. As seen on FA Magazine.
- Prudential Receives First Ever Jefferson Award For Outstanding Service By A Major Corporation – 39th annual “Nobel Prize for Public Service” awards presented to public figures, companies, athletes, students and community volunteers. As seen on Insurance Web News.
Marketing and Practice Building
- Taking the Lead – Elyse Foster has learned that clients need a confident hand guiding them in times of trouble. By Kate Stalter for MorningStar.
- 26 Practical DIY Marketing Strategies To Use When Sales Are Declining – It’s not always the economy, and you’re not stupid. The marketing process is a lot like the laws of physics, for every action, there’s an equal and opposite reaction. By Ivana Taylor for the Open Forum
Social Media and SEO
- Thou May Find Value In This Look At FINRA And Social Media – FINRA’s 10 Commandments of Social Media Engagement for Financial Firms. By Pat Allen for AdvisorTweets.
- What Defines Social Media Success? – Social media success is a return on reputation and relationships. By Stephanie Sammons for Wired Advisor.
You can email Loic at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: this article is for informational purposes only. We strongly encourage you to verify any content and information you use with your own compliance department or legal counsel.