Welcome 2017, it’s a new year and like every year it’s time to set goals. As Tony Robbins have said “..setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” In terms of your online presence this means that you can take advantage of the new year with a fresh start to improve your online footprint and financial website.
Here are our top 4 tips you can start to improve your online presence in 2017:
1. Take Advantage of Our Integrations Exclusively to Advisor Websites Clients
The Advisor Websites dashboard offers integration that range from generating more leads to marketing automation through social media and email marketing.
- CRM Integrations – Redtail and SalesForce: Build web forms with our Redtail and SalesForce Integration that will have the leads automatically captured into your CRM account
- Riskalyze: Embed Riskalyze’s Portfolio Risk Analysis onto your website to capture leads that come to your website.
- Marketing Pro: With the MarketingPro Integration, you can access MarketingPro articles from the Advisor Websites Dashboard to schedule post or publish instantly on your website.
- Vestorly: Bring Vestorly’s timely and curated news to your clients automatically on your website with the Vestorly Integration.
- Advisor Steam: Advisor Steam allows you to have the latest curated and compliant news stories automatically posted onto your website.
- MailChimp: The MailChimp Integration summarizes your published blog posts in the form of a newsletter and is automatically sent out to your subscribers on a schedule.
- Hootsuite: Do you use Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook? With the Hootsuite Integration, you can automatically send your blog posts to your social media channels.
For more information check out our other integrations here.
2. Start a Blog
If you have been putting off starting your blog in 2016, January is the perfect month to start a new project. It may seem intimidating, but with the Advisor Websites content integration with Marketing Pro and our Periodical content library offer, producing content is as easy as a mouse click away. The Periodical Content Library is a feature we offer that helps you populate the content on your website. There are a number of articles on retirement to financial planning from an American perspective that you can add to your website. Click here for more information.
Pro Tip: In the beginning of the month once you have written your custom blog post or if you are using content from our Periodical Content library or Marketing Pro you can schedule your blog post to a later date to publish the post. Please keep in mind that if your article needs to go to compliance; compliance approval times can vary, it is impossible to guarantee the selected publishing date will match the compliance approval date. Our data from Google Analytics suggests that the best time to schedule a blog post is from 8am to 12pm PST on Mondays.
For more information on how to write the perfect blog post click here.
3. Bedazzle Your Facebook Business Page
According to statista.com there are over 1.79 billion active monthly users on Facebook with 156.5 million users in the United States, which means that Facebook is too big to ignore. A Facebook business page opens your financial practice to engage with people who might be interested in your services but are not aware of you through traditional channels such as your website.
Here are some pro tips on bedazzling your Facebook business page
- Provide Value: Your visitors will be looking for value when they visit your Facebook page. Value can be in the form of a free eBook download or links to your blog articles on your website such as “2017 Investment Solutions for Business Owners.”
- A picture is worth a 1000 words: create an eye-catching facebook page with stunning images. If you do not have access to a designer, there are many free tools online that you can use to create captivating images for your social media. Free tools such as Canva allows you to pick pre-templated images for Facebook posts, blogs, business cards, presentations, twitter and more. It is proven that photos on Facebook post increases engagement because they stand out better compared to status updates with links and text.
- Promote your page: Once you have set up your Facebook page for success, it’s time to promote your Facebook page on your website, your email signature, and your email list. The goal is to find ways for viewers to engage with your page and to use your Facebook page as a way to communicate with you alternatively from the traditional email and phone conversation.
- Bonus: watch our previous webinar with Hootsuite on how to Leverage Social Media.
4. Is Your Current Site Responsive?
It is forecasted that the number of mobile users will grow to 4.77+ billion users, that means that in 2017 the majority of your website visitors will be more than 51%.
A mobile responsive website adjusts its usability based on the device from which the website is being viewed. This means a website is easy-to-use (optimized) no matter how the user accesses it from the latest iPhone 7, Android phones, iPads and other touchscreen devices.
Believe it or not there are still many Financial Advisors in the United States and Canada that have a website that is not mobile responsive. If you would like to learn more on solutions to improve your website design, our team will make time to chat with you today.
What’s Your Website Resolution for 2017?
Do you want to improve your conversion rate, better interaction with your visitors, or need to update your current site from 2007?
Share your website goals for this year in the comments below or by calling us at 1.888.946.3188
This article was written by Lester Tiro
Please Note: this article is for informational purposes only. We strongly encourage you to verify any content and information you use with your own compliance department or legal counsel.