Even though most of our readers and followers are using a website to market their business online, I still come across advisors that have not set up a website for their practice yet. This is generally coming from a compliance/head office restriction or a lack of tangible data on how websites are performing.
Advisor Websites’ survey of 150 financial advisors (83% from the USA) includes a lot of data on how professionals of the financial services industry are using their website, what results they are getting and what expectations they have set. For example, 52% say they are not tracking how many visits they receive each month.
Feel free to share this study on your blog or in your marketing materials, please make sure you leave a comment below and properly attribute this study to Loic Jeanjean on behalf AdvisorWebsites.com
- 75% of financial advisors surveyed currently use a website
- 39% of these websites are template based and 29% are blogs
- 24% never update their website and only 16% update their websites on a monthly basis
- 46% provide a newsletter on their website but only 15% have a Google map of their office
- 52% don’t track visitors and don’t know how much traffic they receive
- 46% have linked their LinkedIn profile to their website and only 23% linked their Twitter
- 46% are very satisfied by their website and 18% are dissatisfied
Advisors currently running a website
Type of website used by financial advisors
How often financial advisors update their website
Most common features enabled by financial advisors on their websites
Analytics solutions used by financial advisors to track visits on their website
Average monthly traffic received by financial advisors
Social media sites linked to financial advisor websites
Features financial advisors like the most on their websites
Features financial advisors would like to add/change on their websites
Financial advisors overall satisfaction of their websites
Please Note: this article is for informational purposes only. We strongly encourage you to verify any content and information you use with your own compliance department or legal counsel.